Welcome to Pelvic Prep for Birth!
This course is divided into the following sections:
3rd Trimester Exercises
- Preparing muscles and joint for optimal mobility and flexibility.
- Connecting with your pelvic floor and lengthen for delivery.
Reducing Perineal Injury
- Learn about perineal massage and how to perform it.
- Current evidence based interventions to help reduce injury.
Labor and Delivery Positions
- Discuss body positions to help open the pelvic inlet and outlet to get the baby through the pelvis.
- Options for breathing for pushing and connecting with the pelvic floor and abdominals.
Early postpartum recovery
- When to start breathing, pelvic floor and core exercises.
- Learn about diastasis recti abdominis and how to self screen for it.
- Guidelines for returning to activity and exercise.